Well, while I don't appreciate needing an official doctor's note if you are absent for a single day due to illness, I certainly do appreciate that the doctor I saw yesterday gave me 2 days off. Since I can picture the student who was in constant need of tissues last week, I am confident that I am ill because of at least one student. But the lack of toilet paper, hand soap, and paper towels in the student bathrooms just sends my mind down a deep spiral of disgust that isn't required now;)
Two days of rest following a dismal weekend of illness, it is just what I needed. Not that I am really ready to return. What will my classroom look like following my absence, since substitute teachers are a thing of America that I shouldn't even think of here. Will my room need another paint job? Probably not, but that could be wishful thinking!
I found a new hospital where those with appointments don't have to mingle with those without. A new hospital that is new and sparkly compared to the missionary derived one I visited last year. I don't care how awesome your new building is if it isn't finished. Sitting in squalor is not what I wish anyone to endure when ill.
Too bad I was really exhausted and ill these last two days. So much in my massive to-do pile and so much wasted time... Story of my life:)
Two days of rest following a dismal weekend of illness, it is just what I needed. Not that I am really ready to return. What will my classroom look like following my absence, since substitute teachers are a thing of America that I shouldn't even think of here. Will my room need another paint job? Probably not, but that could be wishful thinking!
I found a new hospital where those with appointments don't have to mingle with those without. A new hospital that is new and sparkly compared to the missionary derived one I visited last year. I don't care how awesome your new building is if it isn't finished. Sitting in squalor is not what I wish anyone to endure when ill.
Too bad I was really exhausted and ill these last two days. So much in my massive to-do pile and so much wasted time... Story of my life:)
Hope you stay feeling well -- I delayed getting my flu shot last month, and now I just hope I can get it tomorrow (was busy today) and then not get sick for a couple weeks to give it time to work! Meantime, we are taking lots of echinacea and drinking things with vitamin C...
ReplyDeleteFlu shot! I miss those:)
ReplyDelete