I'm so ready to stop vacationing on my employer's dime. I'll report to work on Sunday morning, bright and early. Our employer is coming off a weeklong holiday, and since we have not been issued staggering reporting times, I'm sure to be among a crowd with a very long wait. Patience must be applied. Unfortunately for them and us, many teachers from the other two regions of Abu Dhabi's emirate will report to the office in AD. Because they dropped the ball, and we're still in our AD hotels.
Other than waiting for the inevitable (work), I've been as busy as I can possibly handle (antisocial/social bi-polarism). Tonight I went to dinner with some of the other teachers from my region of the US. We had sorta met on a FB group, and we arrived in two separate groups. The Lebanese Flower on Defence Road is pretty good. It was great to meet more people from home. I regret that more people couldn't join us.
I've rented a car, so getting to school from Abu Dhabi on Sunday may be possible. But if you wanted me to report to my other-region school, dear employer, why am I not there before Sunday? Other people in my region have been in their homes for nearly a week now, via ours truly's expense.
But whatever, or insha'allah as they say here. After hearing that the fool in charge of routing our emailed queries within their HQ has routinely highlighted a bunch of unanswered emails and hit delete, I'm changing MY translation of insha'allah, which I previously thought meant to be patient. Now "they don't care" seems more appropriate to me.
Other than waiting for the inevitable (work), I've been as busy as I can possibly handle (antisocial/social bi-polarism). Tonight I went to dinner with some of the other teachers from my region of the US. We had sorta met on a FB group, and we arrived in two separate groups. The Lebanese Flower on Defence Road is pretty good. It was great to meet more people from home. I regret that more people couldn't join us.
I've rented a car, so getting to school from Abu Dhabi on Sunday may be possible. But if you wanted me to report to my other-region school, dear employer, why am I not there before Sunday? Other people in my region have been in their homes for nearly a week now, via ours truly's expense.
But whatever, or insha'allah as they say here. After hearing that the fool in charge of routing our emailed queries within their HQ has routinely highlighted a bunch of unanswered emails and hit delete, I'm changing MY translation of insha'allah, which I previously thought meant to be patient. Now "they don't care" seems more appropriate to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment