Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whew, 2 weeks down

Even with the carrot of a cookie, my students still refuse to listen. Today after three hours of battling with a student who constantly runs to mommy, another teacher, by blocking the door with my body, I attempted to get them and her happy with a game. But then, audacious me, I wanted the kids to sit down in a closing circle before the weekend. The class wouldn't cooperate. So I had them sit down and put their heads on their desks. I played nice, calm music. Then after the final bell rang, I excused the cooperative girls first. I then noticed that a few girls were crying. They were happy to ignore my directions two minutes before.

Two hours after getting scolded by a masked/veiled mom, I remembered that they were probably sad because my cookie jar was still full. On days like Sunday-Thursday this week, I hate my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment