Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Insha'allah

OMG, it has been a day of extreme lows and mid-level highs. It was day 1 of our school operations orientation. We started and ended the day exactly as planned (times) rather than the three-hour delays of last week. However, I was dismayed when my name tag read "KG" instead of "LT C1." I was to break-out with kindergarten teachers. Here, the kindergartens are not part of elementary school. They are their own school, which two levels of KG (1 is 3-4 year olds; 2 is 5 year olds). C1 is Cycle 1 (grades 1-5, of which English will be taught to in grades 1-4 this year).

I moaned, I groaned, I looked at flights home, but then I emailed the people with the real knowledge. Was my name tag correct? And where I am slated to teach (region, if not specific apartment)?

I waited by sleeping to stave off rising blood pressure, but I've gotten one now. Al Ain, cycle 1. Al Ain is not where I wanted to be, but I can deal with it. The humidity is supposed to be less there (yay!). There is significantly less traffic in the second largest city in this emirate.

As they say: insha'allah. Wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying your posts. I wanna see some pics gal! I do hear there is a pretty cool zoo and aquarium in Al Ain. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete