Without a holy day of my own, I've always followed the local customs of my location. Growing up, Sunday was the day when stores delay opening. In New York, the 92 St Y wasn't opening on Saturday morning for swimming.
But I'm having a more difficult time adjusting to Friday being my lackadaisical day. I feel more guilt and awkwardness. And believe me, I've always spent one day a week being home-bound, so it isn't just having a lazy day that is the cause of my consternation.
I know this is all just part of moving to the other side of the world. I'll get with it soon. It will help when school starts in a few, no, two weeks. I guess I should appreciate these many opportunities for lazy days since they aren't giving me any extra time to prepare for my grade level. I get the 5 days that everyone else will get. I hope we will at least know 5 days before students arrive!
But I'm having a more difficult time adjusting to Friday being my lackadaisical day. I feel more guilt and awkwardness. And believe me, I've always spent one day a week being home-bound, so it isn't just having a lazy day that is the cause of my consternation.
I know this is all just part of moving to the other side of the world. I'll get with it soon. It will help when school starts in a few, no, two weeks. I guess I should appreciate these many opportunities for lazy days since they aren't giving me any extra time to prepare for my grade level. I get the 5 days that everyone else will get. I hope we will at least know 5 days before students arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment