Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday in Dubai!

Today I went with a few friends to Dubai for some...(what else) SHOPPING! With 3 friends, I caught a cab into Abu Dhabi (35 km in the opposite direction) to catch a bus to Dubai. We were confused about where to get off, then the bus drove past THE MALL OF THE EMIRATES. Bad me for not researching our journey in advance in my iPhone-less condition. (I have more city experience than my friends. No bus or metro system can intimidate me!) Well, several taxis, buses, and metro stations, and 14 hours later, I'm back with just a few needed things. "Need" is used in the loosest possible way. But I only went to 3 stores. (But...Bad Jo Malone for discontinuing Honeysuckle and Jasmine!)

Upon inspection of the board in the lobby at midnight tonight, I'm really not on the Abu Dhabi list at this point, which is in alignment with last week's notice that I'll be in Al Ain. Those folks get to see their apartments tomorrow, accept their keys, and then get out of the Yas hotel in 5 days. Lucky them... Even a 5-star hotel wears thin after two weeks. But on a positive note about this hotel: we are closer to Dubai than other teachers in downtown Abu Dhabi!

No comments:

Post a Comment