Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Medical and Police checks complete, now more waiting.

Imagine the ordeal for the travel agency dealing with our group 400+ teachers.

I have completed both my medical check and police check in the last two days. Yes, there were many delays in both cases, but that's nothing new.

The police last night (I arrived there at 12:30) seemed to have a lot of fun gossiping about us. I'm not sure my fingerprints were actually acceptable. I swear the lady at ESD 113 three years ago had to do each finger several times each before she was satisfied with my prints. Last night, the guy didn't care that half of them were smudged. But what do I know?

I seem to have the next four days free. Well, at least I know of nothing until Sunday. It would be so nice to use this time productively, but until I know what grade I will be teaching, planning is hard to do. So until I know, I'll enjoy this 5-star hotel to the fullest. It is kind of nice to be on vacation at the start of my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment